[GSOC] Proposing some ideas

Hello, I'm Romain, a french student in master 1 (software engineering). I want to participate this year to the Google Summer of Code with your organization. I discovered Processing by watching some videos of Daniel Shiffman, now it's been 2/3 years I use it to create some tiny programs, and I want to invest myself in this community by adding some features to the IDE or improving the experience for beginners.

I think integrating VCS control from the Processing IDE could be an idea, to pull & push projects from git or maybe other VCS (svn, ...) directly via the IDE, I know it exists a tool for this, but I think it would be more user friendly to implement it directly in the IDE.

The project idea about improving the experience for beginners by implementing more examples and also maybe create something more interactive with examples like explaining the code or manipulating variables during the execution of examples to show him what changes, or some exercises to implement tiny projects.

An other idea (but I'm not sure it's a good idea), is maybe to introduce some design pattern to examples to show how to implements some of them, why and when.

Well, I am open to suggestions and discussion about that. Thank you !

Comments