High Resolution Export -Tile Saver?

edited January 2014 in How To...

Hi,

I'm sure this is a regular question, but how do you export images to at least 300dpi in processing?

I've read Tile Saver was once used, but is there anything new that can help?

Any help will have maximum appreciation.

Thanks, Sam

Tagged:

Answers

• This question doesn't make a ton of sense to me- Processing draws things in terms of pixels, which are dots, or the "d" part of "dpi". How many dpi you have depends on the type of display you're using or what size you print your image, does it not?

• Hi Kevin,

Yes, the pixel based drawings always export as 72dpi, but I'd love to create a 300dpi .tif file for print. It would be great not having to scale it up in Photoshop and loose quality. I should of mentioned earlier I'm not working with vector either.

Ta, Sam

• Sampash, what I think Kevin is saying is that you should enter the size in pixels for your final print. Say you want to print your sketch in A3 (42cmx29.7cm) at 300dpi. This is 4961x3508 pixels. If you want an A3 print in 72dpi, this would be 1191x842 pixels. If you want to avoid the maths, just get into Photoshop and create a new file with the desired size, and take note of the size in pixels at the resolution you want. Hope it helps, Marcelo

• Thanks Marcelo,

I've realized using beginRecord() does the job I was after.

Cheers