access denied trying to delete sketch .exe in application.windows directory

edited November 2017 in Using Processing

Been exporting this sketch all day no problem. Now I get access denied errors and it won't export I goto application.windows64 directory and try to manually remove .exe and get access denied , need admin permission.

I am only user set up on new computer thought i was admin, but when i try to change properties , i can't get past needing admin permission to do anything

What happened?!

Tagged:

Answers

• only a problem in application.windows645, application.windows32 has exported .exe that runs fine and can be deleted application.windows64 .exe is last one that exported ok as 64bit computer is 64bit, windows 10 have been exporting and running 64bit exports for weeks on the same computer baffled

• nothing that is supposed to work will allow me to delet this file or run it When i try to open it with trouble shooting windows says its not a valid program running cmd.exe as admin , i try to takeown /F of the file and access denied! Its obviously corrupted and unrecognized as what its supposed to be.

don't know what caused this, happened after minor changes to sketch and then exported, which has worked fine with no errors for this sketch for days. Then on this export I got errors and could not run 64 bit version. 32bit exports fine and runs correctly

So figured i would just delete it in 64 bit application directory but cannot.

So I tryed saving it as a new sketch name That sketch will not export properly now either!

Shut down computer and restart makes no difference.

I'm stuck !

• thanks, but why did this happen? I have exported this sketch with minor changes, i.e. adjusting placement of text and boxes for several days no problem. THen the last one only the 32 bit exported correctly and the 64c bit version of the export .exe can't be deleted. I tryed even using takeoevr utility in admin mode from cmd.exe , it still said denied access. Did processing really creat suck a corrupted file from the same source that successfully created the 32bit exported exe just fine?

• Answer ✓

SOLVED , file was corrupted , no admin access to delete ran chkdsk in cmd as admin answered yes to run next time system restarts when done went to directory and it deleted the files no problem