shape detection of more than one object using only processing...?

I need a help f...........can I detect shape of the blobs using processing?...I am able detect shape of one blob at a time.....and I want to detect shape of more than one blob at a time.....it would be very helpful for me if anyone could guide me on this. PLZ REPLY SOON.

Tagged:

Answers

• @priyabratabasu -- what do you mean by "shape detection" in this case ?

Do you mean:

1. Checking if a blob is a simple size -- this blob is small, that one is large
    2. Checking if a blob is a simple primitive -- this is a square, that is a triangle
    3. Recognizing arbitrary learned shapes -- I show you a giraffe and a dolphin, you recognize which blob is the giraffe and which is the dolphin

You may want to share simple code of what you have working, and explain precisely what you are trying to get it to do next. There are many, many areas of application for shape detection.

• edited October 5

Actually I want to recognize basic shapes like square, triangle, circle but I can able recognize only one shape at a time, means if there are triangle and a square it doesn't recognize but if there is only one shape like triangle or circle in the video frame then it is recognizing. I am counting the no. of specific color pixels in the video frame and comparing with the area of the triangle or circle or any other shape. I want to count no of a specific colored pixels present in the each distinct blob,so that I can compare it individually.

• I am counting the no. of specific color pixels in the video frame and comparing with the area of the triangle or circle or any other shape.

That doesn't sound like a blob. Could you please share your code here, or a simplified running version of this part of your code? Are you using opencv or boofcv for your blob detector?

• I am using neither opencv nor boofcv.

• Could you please share your code here, or a simplified running version of this part of your code?

• what is alternative function for approxpolyDP() (this is available in opencv python) fin opencv for processing??

• Yes from tomorrow.