Tracking Eye Movements with Webcam

edited January 2014 in How To...

Hi , I'm looking for the best way to achieve this eye tracking with processing . I want to have x-y location of user's gaze position . any ideas ?! dont know if its possible with OpenCV or not .

Tagged:

Answers

• edited January 2014 Answer ✓

Tracking eye pupil require precision which is not possible with opencv unless you fit your camera near to the eye. The example inside the Opencv library for processing only capturs the position of the eyes on the face but it cannot track the pupil movements so you may have to code your own program.

Also there are a lot of instruction are avaible in http://www.instructables.com for making eyetracking glasses.

one example is here

• Thanx for Help blyk , I also found Faceshift Studio . It works with kinect and I've tested its eye tracking and it was fine ! I tried to send its data through OSC network but processing couldn't read anything from it's port ...

• Thanx for Help blyk , I also found Faceshift Studio . It works with kinect and I've tested its eye tracking and it was fine ! I tried to send its data through OSC network but processing couldn't read anything from it's port ...