Shifftmans' box2d

edited September 11 in Library Questions

Hello all,

I'm new to processing thanks to Shifftman;'s tutorial and I got stuck on installing box2d for processing. Can anyone tell me exactly what should I do to install this lib?

Thanks in advance, Bests FreeQ

Tagged:

Answers

• edited September 11

Select "Sketch > Import Library... > Add library..." from the menus.

Then select the "Box2D for Processing" library.

Then hit the install button.

Then put import shiffman.box2d.*; in your sketch.

• Thanks for anwser. Unfortunatly, this do not solves my problem. According to: https://www.youtube. com/playlist?list=PLRqwX-V7Uu6akvoNKE4GAxf6ZeBYoJ4uh I should be able to declare PBox2D but cannot do it (error - PBox2D does not exist) :/ So I will keep my question up.

• Post your code then. Can you run any of the examples that came with the Box2D library?

• edited September 14 Answer ✓

@FreeQ

If you look at the current example source code...

...or try to run any of the examples then you will see that PBox2D is a short name for the project, not a class in the library.

1. In PDE, download Box2D from Contributions Manager
    2. Optionally restart
    3. Menu > Examples > Contributed Libraries > Box2D for Processing > Boxes
    4. Run sketch

It should work. Try the other examples -- they should work. Notice that none of the examples have a PBox2D class -- they have an initial object of class Box2DProcessing

• Thanks for all responses.

@jeremydouglass

It should work. Try the other examples -- they should work. Notice that none of the examples have a PBox2D class -- they have an initial object of class Box2DProcessing

This solves everything. Thank you very much.

I also appreaciate help of @TfGuy4 - thanks :)