Camera problems

Now I have a Sabrent USB frame grabber . It shows up as a Video device under Sound,Video and Game Controllers. The Capture.list() returns multiple cameras . The integrated PC camera appears as "Integrated Camera" 0-39 at various resolutions. Any of those work fine and i can copy image to display in a simple loop to give a live image on screen.

The Sabrent appears as "STK1160 Grabber" cameras 40-63 at various resolutions as well. But if i try to use any of them in the Capture(this,Capture.list()[x] statement I get nothing, no error, just no image on screen. 0-39 for x works 40-63 doesn't. I get false for cam.available()

On another note, I have Debut.exe from NCH software to test the cameras before trying them in Processing. Debut sees the usb and integrated camera under available Webcams. I can get live video from either in Debut. Just to prove the cameras work with other software.

I am trying to find cameras and camera frame grabbers that will work with Processing and determine what the compatibility issues are caused by. I understand if they don;t appear in the camera list , but even when they do it doesn't mean the capture will work, or thet they even are seen as "available"

Can anyone help?

Thanks