transport error 202: socket creation failed

edited May 2017 in Using Processing

Hi Guys, I got this error message as soon as I try to run any code.

"ERROR: transport error 202: socket creation failed: Provider initialization failed (check %SystemRoot%) ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510) JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [debugInit.c:750] Using startup command: C:\Program Files\processing-3.3.3-windows64\processing-3.3.3\java\bin\java.exe ..." Error contiues with several other directorys. I have no idea what went wrong so I am grateful for any help. Just tell me if you need any more Info ...

Tagged:

Answers

• In your case, an mcve would be useful.

Kf

• Thanks for the answer kfrajer! But I can reproduce this error message with a single line "line(200,200,200,200);" So I guess it is not about the code but something more fundamental. Does it have to be in a certain directory or do I need some specific other software to use processing?

• That's the debugger trying to attach to the running code. I think it's enabled by default and can't think of an easy way to disable it. Is there a preference?

Alternatively you can try and work out why it's unable to attach. Firewall blocking the port?

• Firewall blocking the port?

That would be my first guess as well -- this might be a local communication permissions issue; once Processing/java.exe has permissions to create a socket then everything will work.

https://forum.processing.org/two/search?Search=firewall

• Unfortunately even if I disable the firewall there is no change in the error message. Same if I run as administrator.