Need Urgent help: How to fix this? (ContributionListing)

edited May 2017 in Using Processing

Since yesterday, my processing doesn't start ups. I get this message every time I'm about to start it. I really need help I have a thing to do and it's kind of urgent. Please!

lol

Answers

• Answer ✓

Just before the NPE, you've got a calling to ContributionListing::compare(). :-?

Maybe you should delete your "libraries/" subfolder or something like that? :-??

• Hm, where's it?

• Answer ✓

Everything goes to the sketchbook folder we choose when we 1st run Processing.
    Either you've got a corrupted library inside your subfolder "libraries/".
    Or your installed Processing is damaged somehow. Or even your "preferences.txt". 8-|

• Should I delete them all then?

• Answer ✓

Start w/ your "libraries/" subfolder of your sketchbook folder.
    If not solved yet, follow up by deleting "preferences.txt".
    Otherwise, delete & reinstall Processing.
    Read past solutions too.

• The first thing I've done is searching past solutions :|

I tried w/ the libraries folder and it didn't work. Same it the preferences.txt I tried with another PC (because I placed my processing in a USB key) and I still have the same Error code.

Deleting Processing is deleting the Sketchbook Folder in Documents, The Processing folder in AppData and Processing.exe itself?

• Tried to do the update either , but still the same problem.

• Answer ✓

there's a contribs.txt in your configuration directory, containing all the information about the contributed libraries. this might be corrupted.

that's under ~/.processing in linux... don't know about windows or mac.

• Should I replace it? Or delete it?

• Answer ✓

You can always rename the folder... no need to delete.

Kf

• That's what I did. Processing started again with the message "Ignoring illegal line in contribs.txt

senonvinient export(dxf)"

But it opened. Thank you very much !!!

• edited May 2017 Answer ✓

@DatBoi -- re:

"with the message "Ignoring illegal line in contribs.txt senonvinient export(dxf)"

That is very troubling.

If you delete contribs, Processing re-downloads it. If it re-downloads it, it gets it from here:

As you can see, there is no such line with "senonvinient" in that file. So if you really have deleted your contribs, and you really are re-downloading it, then something might be corrupting your data between the working file on the server and the broken file on your computer -- like a bad hard drive.

paragraph=bRigid is thought as a kind of Processing port for the bullet physics simulation library written in C++. This library allows the interaction of rigid bodies in 3D. Geometry/ Shapes are build with Processing PShape Class, for convinient export(dxf)

• Strange because I didn't delete my contribs. I just renamed the folder...

I have a 2008's Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista. Is that related to my pc? And so, should I delete my contribs?