Coordinates from Black and White Images

Hey guys first time on the forum :) so i started play around with processing 1 week ago and i am now building a Axidraw copycat with an arduino and i want to be able to load black and white images and then get the coordinates of the black pixels so i can send them over serial to arduino. Sending coordinates to arduino part is complete i just need to convert image to coordinates is this possible

Answers

• edited May 2017 Answer ✓

@NewStudent -- welcome, and good to hear. Regarding your Axidraw-with-Arduino project, yes, it sounds possible.

• Are the images already black and white, are or you loading color images and trying to make them black-and-white?
    • Do you know how to check pixel values, e.g. with get()? https://processing.org/reference/get_.html
    • Are the pixels pure black and white, or are they grey and do you need to set a threshold?
  • edited May 2017

Thank you so much jeremydouglass i checked the reference Page and thats exactly what i was looking for :) also images are already Black and white and there is no grey pixels