How to add custom background image in presentation mode?

edited May 2017 in Using Processing

I know I can just resize my window and add a background image, but I would still like to know if it is possible. Can I have a custom image as my background in presentation mode?

Tagged:

Answers

• what do you mean by "custom image" ?

• edited May 2017

i just mean can i load a .jpg, .png, ect ... instead of just having a solid color?

• or can i create my own presentation mode instead of only setting the preset options under export application?

• You can use an image

In setup use resize() to make the image as big as your sketch window

• edited May 2017

i want the image to expand beyond my sketch window size ... i was just curious how to set my fullscreen presentation mode with an image instead of a solid color without adjusting my code.

• for example, my sketch size is 540x960 but i want an image that is fullscreen. i have all my math/fimensions working off of width,height and would prefer bot to have to recalculate in order to have a bg image larger than my interaction area on my gui.

• i want the image to expand beyond my sketch window size.

I don't understand what this means. If you are in fullscreen then your sketch size is the full screen. What is beyond that? Is this a dual monitor setup?

Can you share a screenshot of what you are trying to change?

• my sketch is at 540x960 ...when i select presentation mode and a select color to black, then export and run, my sketch is centered and the surrounding are is black. i want to be able to replace that solid color with an image, without adjusting a ton of code. sorry if i'm not making sense ...

• ahh nevermind ... i had imageMode(CENTER); set and didn't realize it. that led me to believe that when selecting presentation mode it was centering my sketch. sorry for the confusion, i may need to sleep ...

• or does it? what exacly does presentation mode do? does it not allow forthe app to be in fullscreen mode by centering the sketch window and surrounding the sketch with a solid color?

• edited May 2017 Answer ✓

Ah, I finally understand your question.

For changing the preferences, open Processing, choose "Preferences" from the menu, at the bottom of the window you'll find the path to your local preferences file. now close Processing, open that file in a plain text editor, edit the line "run.present.bgcolor=#666666" changing the color hex value. save the file, close it and start Processing, test.

I don't believe that presentation mode supports an image background -- just a color ( at least, those are the only run.present arguments I see ).

If you want a large custom image framing smaller sketch content then you could just use image(0,0,width,height) to stretch your background image. Then change your sketch to fullscreen and go into presentation mode. (untested)

• thank you ... sorry i was unclear.

i wasn't seeing a way to change the background within presentation mode to an image either, thought maybe i was missing something.

currently i'm putting a lot of strain on my gpu (budget won't allow for upgrade) so fullscreen kills my performance, without recalculating, which is possible, unfortunately i'm out of time to do that on current project, that's my reasoning for hoping to customize the border in pres mode.

appreciate the help!