App Permissions Not Working Correctly

Hello, I am having an issue regarding app permissions. My app requires one permission which is "write_external_storage." When I build it and run it locally on my phone it works as expected and I can see in the android application manager that it is requesting one permission. However, (and excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask this question) I have uploaded it to the Google Play store and when I download it from there are run it on my phone the app does not ask for any permissions. As a result I am not able to use the write_external_storage function that I need.

I have decompiled the .apk and I can see that in the manifest file it says:

also, it looks like it is targeting level 21 if that is relevant to the discussion:

android:targetSdkVersion="21" />

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• I have decompiled the .apk and I can see that in the manifest file it says:

What does it say?

Kf

• <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <manifest xmlns:"http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0" package="processing.test.hex_droid" platformBuildVersionCode="21" platformBuildVersionName="5.0.1-1624448">
        <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="15" android:targetSdkVersion="21" />
        <application android:label="hex_droid" android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:debuggable="false">
            <activity android:theme="@*android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar" android:name=".MainActivity">
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                </intent-filter>
            </activity>
        </application>
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
    </manifest>