Is it possible to let processing to communicate with Android WallpaperService.Engine?

edited March 19 in Android Mode

Is it possible to let processing to communicate with Android WallpaperService.Engine?

(or "interact / integrate" sorry, I just don't know the right word. English ist not my mother tongue)

Thanks

Answers

• @TRW236===

using android code and p5 mode app (not wallpaper) you can do everything; using p5 wallpaper lets p5 making the job but you can do quite nothing because it installs the wallpaper then quit...

• @akenaton I just want start the live wallpaper from activity. Is there anyway to do this?

• edited March 18

look at the code i have given for that to @sarrio; of course my code is not for live wall paper but it s easy to adapt for that. What do you mean by "activity"? are you using AS or Eclipse?

• @akenaton I use AS. Activity is like the GUI from an App

• @TRW236===

I asked you precisely because you were talking about activity, which is not a word from P5! - that s well, i use AS or eclipse and with an activity you can do what you want!

• @akenaton Ok,Sorry, I understand now. do you know how to start to set a live wallpaper (the wallpaper was programmed via Processing) directly from Activity(for example using a button)?

• @TrW236===

you have to create an explicit intent with an action

your button + onClickListener:::

{ Intent intent = new Intent(WallpaperManager.ACTION_LIVE_WALLPAPER_CHOOSER);
            startActivity(intent);
            }

• @akenaton OK thanks, I will try