Cell Phone Jammer

edited December 2016 in Raspberry PI

Hi guys!

I want to make a Cell Phone Jammer! I heard that Raspberry Pi is better to use than an Arduino. Is this true?

I am also looking for a code, does anyone have that? I would love to turn off every network on the phone!

Answers

• Oh boy, somebody is going to get a job in National Defence (jk jk) To answer this question you need to provide more details. How would you jammed a cell phone signal? Arduino/processing... depends on what hardware you are going to use and the support of that hardware in either of those two options.

To go one step ahead on the project, you should do a bit of google research and see what is out there with respect to code as well. Then you could try implementing it in processing.

turn off every network on the phone

What do you mean by this? WiFi?

Kf

• edited December 2016

Just a heads-up for USA-based forum members:

"We remind and warn consumers that it is a violation of federal law to use a cell jammer or similar devices that intentionally block, jam, or interfere with authorized radio communications such as cell phones, police radar, GPS, and Wi-Fi." -- FCC https://www.fcc.gov/general/jamming-cell-phones-and-gps-equipment-against-law

The relevant laws (and which bandwidths they apply to) may vary based on your country or region.

• That would be against most Europian and Europian-based laws too, so I doubt if you can legally do that without getting permission for educational purposes.
    In any case, you can make a simple, robust, but otherwise not so useful jammer without any computers.