Sketch size larger than current display

I need to have my sketch stretch over one and a half screens. Main output is on screen one and a control section on the overlap to screen 2. I need to keep the rest of screen two available for dealing with other windows.

I need to be able to work on this while only having one monitor (travelling, cant take a second monitor). Is there a way to set the width to 1920+500(control bar width). As it is now the sketch gets resized to 1920 width whenever i exceed 1920.

Perhaps there is a way to deactivated the auto-resize?

Thanks in advance o/

Tagged:

Answers

• What operating system / version are you on, and what specific version of Processing?

On OS X 10.10.5 / Processing 3.2.1, when I run this sketch:

void setup(){ size(2400,200); }
    void draw() { background(0);  }

...it correctly generates a 2400px wide sketch window that is wider than my screen. The window spawns against the left edge of my screen, and overflows off the right side. I can confirm by dragging the window around.

• I often see a message telling me that the sketch had been resized to fit my screen. Might be renderer specific but it's never what i want 8) (Linux)

• void setup(){size(2000,200);}

void draw(){println(width);}

Prints 2000 but my window has been scaled to fit my resolution

3.2.1 Windows10

• I can create a Processing window that's wider than my displays (even larger than my dual monitor setup) just fine.

I'm on Windows 10 using Processing 3.1.1.

• edited September 2016

ok, more precisely, i'm on 3.0b7, linux mint 17

size(1500, 800);

^ window as big as i like (1366x768 is the default)

size(1500, 800, P3D); // or P2D

^ gives me "The sketch has been automatically resized to fit the screen resolution"

doesn't happen in 3.1.1 (but 3.1.1 has other problems that means i prefer 3.0)

• The error message that koogs gives is OpenGL-specific (e.g. P2D / P3D).

When I search the Processing source for the error message "The sketch has been automatically resized to fit the screen resolution" -- it only appears in the OpenGL code, in PSurfaceJOGL.java on line 863.

That said, I'm not getting that behavior on my system (OS X 10.10.5 / Processing 3.2.1). When I run this sketch:

void setup(){ size(2400,200, P3D); }
    void draw() { background(0); box(40); }

...I don't get that error message appearing in my console -- it just gives me a 3D render inside a 2400px wide window (which is wider than my screen).