1. Is preferences.txt read when processing starts? 2. Why doesn't my file structure work?

edited September 2016 in Android Mode

Returning to processing and trying to do more with Android Mode. But I have been having trouble, probably due in part to the disorganized mess I left behind. I am now trying to establish a well-organized file layout for both Java and Android Mode hobby programming. Here's what I have now:

C:\processing-3.2.1\mode, with folders which (I think) provides P3 support for Android and Java modes

C:\Users\{me}\Workbench\P3\sketches\modes\AndroidMode\sdk, which (should) provide the Android native API

In C:\Users\{me}\AppData\Roaming\Processing is the file preferences.txt which contains this line:

android.sdk.path=C:\Users\Bob\Workbench\P3\sketches\modes\AndroidMode\sdk

Yet, when I start P3 and click on the mode menu initialized to "Java" I don't see Android as an option. Instead, I have to click on Add Mode. Unfortunately, this afternoon (Sept. 3) the configuration manager pops up but is stuck -- showing only a whirligig. (I guess processing.org is down.)

Q1: Doesn't P3 read preferences.txt on startup?

Q2: Or is my file structure somehow inconsistent.

Note: I tried installing Android Mode 0255 (from Github) into a separate location and modifying preferences.txt accordingly. It didn't work. But I have little confidence I did that operation properly.

Thanks, Bob

Tagged:

Answers

• Or, to put it another way:

How can one force Processing 3.x to recognize an Android SDK except by using the configuration manager?

• Please ignore original question (except maybe Q1) but still wondering about my Answer, i.e. making P3 reference an Android SDK other than loaded using Processing tool.