How to use the proHTML library to pull posts from a certain user on a forum?

edited December 2013 in How To...

EDIT: I have changed my question since the project has taken a different direction

I am trying to use the proHTML library to pull certain posts from a user on a forum but i'm not quite sure how to approach this. Using chrome to inspect the elements of the posts, I've seen that posts and username info are in these tags:

username:<span itemprop="creator name" class="author vcard"><a hovercard-ref="member" hovercard-id="104291" data-ipb="noparse" class="url fn name ___hover___member _hoversetup" href="[link to user's profile here]" title="" id="anonymous_element_4"><span itemprop="name">djrajio</span></a></span>

posts:<div itemprop="commentText" class="post entry-content ">[post text here]</div>

I've been reading through the library but i'm having trouble coming up with a solution to only isolate posts from this member on a certain thread. Can anyone help?

Answers

• I've updated the question.. :)

• Answer ✓

I don't know well proHTML, but perhaps a library like jSoup can be easier to use / to search information inside a page.

• I'll try jSoup since there seems to be more support for it! Thank you for the suggestion!