Using Mindset Library for accessing Neurosky

Hello, I am trying to run an example sketch to use Neurosky on windows 7 in processing 3.1.1. I am using this library available at www.jorgecardoso.eu/processing/MindSetProcessing. Example sketch name : 'Mindset All Values'.

When I run the sketch : The error comes as "Error opening serial port /dev/cu.MindWaveMobile-DevA: Port busy" and the output window goes to loading state. There is no application running in parallel still it is showing the port busy error..

Once I shut the output window I can see more errors :

blinkEvent() method not defined. rawEvent() method not defined. Could not run the sketch (Target VM failed to initialize). For more information, read revisions.txt and help ? Troubleshooting.

This is my first post in forum but I am using processing since long time. Thanks in advance for the support.

Answers

• Change "/dev/cu.MindWaveMobile-DevA" to COM8, if that doesn't work try different numbers, or you can just check by right clicking on the ThinkGear Connector and go to options to see the starting port.

• Hi!!For my neurosky mindwave I am using the same library from www.jorgecardoso.eu/processing/MindSetProcessing with the correct COM port. When I run 'Mindset All Values', the connection leds are blu, but I still see several messages "Checksum failed". Do you understand why?