Embed a Java Installer in a Processing Exported Application

Processing applications require java 8+ to run, and many people don't have java. I know processing can embed java in a mac application (but not windows), but I have seen applications that will prompt the user if they want to install java before running. I could download a java installer online, but is there a way to make a program (not necessarily in processing) that tests for java version and launches the installer if the required java version cannot be found?

Answers

• This technically isn't a processing question, but I think I might be able to make a notepad script that test java version, launches the installer if the version isn't right, and launches the processing application if it is. Will this work?

• And does anyone know where to find the actual version of java that you can install onto a computer (not a web browser).

• edited March 2016 Answer ✓

I know processing can embed java in a mac application (but not windows),...

That's incorrect! Windows version absolutely exports to Windows OS. [-X
    And we can always opt for no embedded Java. It's as easy to install Java as any other software. :-@

• Oh, so embedding java only works for applications exported to the same OS as is being used? I guess I'll use a friends computer then.