Android BarCode Scanner

edited February 2017 in Share Your Work

Compatible with processing 3.0.2/3.0.1.. Simple Barcode/QR scanner with ZXING library.

Enjoy!!

DOWNLOAD: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65979707/processing/BCScan.zip

Comments

• For Android ;)

• If I try to use your code, I get the following error message:

The SDK Build Tools revision (17.0.0) is too low for project 'BCScan'. Minimum required is 19.1.0

Where can I change the SDK Build Tools Revision?

Regards, Daantje

• You must open your SDK manager and install the package you need, SDK Build Tools 19.1.0

• I have been searching frantically from a QR Code reader for processing on Android, so this project is a lifesaver. I got the code up and running on my phone, however, it never seems to be able to detect a QR code no matter what code I show it. I line up the square in the upper left and I have tried turning my phone in many orientations and many different sizes of QR codes but have never gotten the App to detect any of them. Do you have any suggestions? I know this is an old post but any help would be greatly appreciated!

• What library are you suing? Do you have a link for it?

Kf

• @cmxu===

i have written (with eclipse but it could be made with P5) an app for that, without any lib and only using android api android.gms.vision.barcode.BarcodeDetector;it runs perfectly...

• @akenaton

that was my next step I guess, I really just wanted to use processing because it's easier and I haven't commited time to learning android yet, but I'm gonna be going there now.