GameControlPlus on Raspberry Pi

edited March 2016 in Raspberry PI

I have a radar simulation running on Windows 7 with Processing 3.02 and which uses GameControlPlus to access a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. I have a current Raspberrian system on a Pi-2, and have just installed Processing 3.02. When I run this sketch, and it tries to execute: "control = ControlIO.getInstance(this);" to get to the joystick, Processing crashes with an error message: "A library used by this sketch is not properly installed" - Plus there are a number of other rather scary messages that seem to indicate that other things may be wrong with this library.

I have the same directory structure as used in Windows - and have modified nothing in that regard.

Are there any known issues or other installation processes that need to be done to use GCP on a Pi?

=Alan R.

Answers

• Answer ✓

The GCP library is built on top of another library called JInput. Now JInput has OS specific libraries for Window, Osx and Linux to access the system hardware, I don't know whether JInput works with the Pi.

• Ah - bummer! I also notice a number of other example sketches fail with similar errors. Guess it is still a tad early for Processing and the Pi. Perhaps when Pi-3 gets more available it will drive the updates to get things together.

Thanks for the quick reply!

=Alan R.