Unexpected behavior with basic excercise Processing and Arduino

edited February 2016 in Arduino

Hi. I'm new with Arduino / Processing, so i'm making a basic workshop that is a blink led with an Arduino Uno board and Processing 3.0.1.

import processing.serial.*;
import cc.arduino.*;

Arduino arduino;
int ledPin = 13;

void setup(){
  // println(Arduino.list().length);
  arduino = new Arduino(this, Arduino.list()[Arduino.list().length - 1], 57600);
  arduino.pinMode(ledPin, Arduino.OUTPUT);
}

void draw(){
  println("Turn on led Pin "+ledPin);
  arduino.digitalWrite(ledPin, Arduino.HIGH);
  delay(1000);
  println("Turn off led Pin "+ledPin);
  arduino.digitalWrite(ledPin, Arduino.LOW);
  delay(1000);
}

Arduino.list()[Arduino.list().length - 1] is my the usb port that connects with my arduino

I have the led in pin 13 to possitive and pin ground with negative.

The problem here is that the led doesn't change, just stay turned on without changes.

Thanks

Answers

• Answer ✓

Hi, you uploaded "standard Firmata" on Arduino and added a resistor 1k in series with the LED ? Most Arduino boards already have an LED attached to pin 13 on the board itself

• Oh, i follow the instructions in this link i didn't follow the FirmData section because i didn't find the StandardFirmata.

Looking in library i see theres a file called 'Firmata.java', i don't know what to do with that file.

Thanks Camperos

• Answer ✓

Firmata is a little bit hidden in the Arduino IDE software. follow the menus from File>Examples>Firmata>StandardFirmata and then compile and upload it to your Arduino.

• Oh, that did the trick, i didn't tried in Arduino IDE, thanks for clearing me.