Onformative Screencapturer newbie question

edited November 2015 in Library Questions

I can't get the Onformative Screencapturer library to work. It gives me the error "the package "com.onformative" does not exist. You might be missing a library".

But I have the library installed (see screenshot link).

http://imgur.com/IX1GxrN

What am I doing wrong?

I am running this very simple code

import com.onformative.screencapturer.*;
ScreenCapturer capturer;

void setup() {
  size(500, 500);
  capturer = new ScreenCapturer(width, height, 30); // 30 = framerate of the capture
}
void draw() {
  image(capturer.getImage(), 0, 0);
}

Answers

• edited November 2015

Those are just ".java" source code files.
    They still need to be compiled as ".class" and merged as 1 ".jar".

• Great, thanks :). For a person without experience in doing that, what would be the easiest way to perform such a task?

• Instead of compiling a library, you can put the .java-files next to your .pde-file.
    Then they will appear as seperate tabs in your sketch. But you would have to remove the first line in those tabs. package com.onformative.screencapturer;

But the ScreenCapturer-library doesn't work with processing3, maybe it works in older processing version.

• Thanks to both of you!

I get the same errors when I use the method "benja" describes... I use processing 2.2.1...

It works with the github link solution, I do however get a lot of "windows within windows" when using the quick fix provided by "clankill3r":

Any suggestions are very welcome!

• It's called feedback. You get it when the capture area and display area overlap. You should fix the problem inside your brain first :)

• Haha, okay :)