G4P now available for Processing 3

G4P V4.0 is compatible with Processing 3 and is available for installation through the PDE.

Most sketches using earlier versions of G4P will run unaltered, the only notable exception are sketches using multiple windows and these are easy enough to convert for V4.0, look at the simple windows example that comes with the library for the new syntax for creating windows.

Comments

• I have processing 3.0 version of th 30th of september (the last one) and there is still 3.4.xx..

• @spiderdab I tested it yesterday (before this announcement) and again today, it is definitely G4P V4. I deleted the old version of G4P and installed the latest version through the contributions manager.

BTW G4P 3.4 was replaced by 3.5 on the 14th August 2014 ;)

The last version of G4P for Processing 2 is 3.5.4

I should point out that

G4P 3.5.4 is incompatible with PS3 and
    G4P 4.0 is incompatible with PS2

It is not possible for a single sketch folder to hold both 3.5.4 and 4.0 so if you want to use G4P with both PS2 and PS3 then you they need separate sketch folders.

• edited October 2015

Ok, maybe it's because I downloaded Processing 3.0 before you released G4P 4.0, and in the automatic library download manager there's a link to 3.5? I don't know, but I downloaded manually from your site and it's working as expected. Sorry, I confused 3.5.4 and 3.4.. Thanks for updating your very good library.

EDIT: BTW, i just saw that in your site, the link to G4P reference is broken.

• A big bold THANKS to you, Quark. I'm astounded by the speed at which you got this out. For my purposes, aside from Android sketches, your library has been invaluable and has proven the best GUI resource. My adoption of Processing 3 definitely hinged on G4P... so that having been said, I have some upgrading of sketches to get working on. I'm glad it sounds like it won't be too painful. I SO appreciate all your contributions to the community. :)

• Thanks for that. It takes a lot of time to create and maintain my libraries so it is nice to know the effort is appreciated.

I said that the biggest problem in updating existing sketches is the new syntax G4P uses to create additional windows. To help people make the transition this webpage tells you about creating and using multiple windows with G4P 4.0

This section of my website will be gradually enlarged to cover all the controls in G4P so that users can get the most out of this library.