"GUI builder" is not compatible with this version of Processing

hi Quark, i've downloaded the latest version and encountered this error upon installing the G4Ptool. can you advise what i need to do to fixed this. thanks

Answers

• edited September 2015

@quark : this is for you

;-)

• Answer ✓

;-)

• Answer ✓

If you want to make sure someone sees your discussion either send a PM or put @ in front of their moniker as Chrisir did.

G4P and GUI Builder are not compatible with Processing version 3, if you want to use these then you have to use PS2.2.1

I am working on upgrading G4P for PS3 but it is going to be a couple of months due to other commitments. Once G4P is PS3 compatible then I will upgrade GUI Builder.

Hope that answers your question :)

• if you want to use these then you have to use PS2.2.1...

Addendum: It's compatible up to version 3.0a5. ;)

• I said version V2.2.1 rather than 3.0a5 on purpose. Here are some of the reasons why :-</p>

1) I have not tested any of my libraries or tools against 3.0a5 so I can't guarantee compatibility, after all it is different from 2.2.1 ;)

2) By definition 3.0a5 is not a stable version.

3) Anyone using my libraries and tools are likely to be using a version of Processing available from the download page and 3.0a5 isn't.

• edited September 2015

I have not tested any of my libraries or tools against 3.0a5

• Others have! Many folks have downloaded version 3.0a5 some months ago.
    • As a daily answerer in this forum I haven't witnessed even 1 single post saying 3.0a5 didn't work for anything!
    • Actually, 3.0a5 was recommended some times as fix for some libraries still not working that well in version 2.2.1!
    • In my point of view, after all that, 3.0a5 is actually more stable than 2.2.1! \m/

P.S.: Avoid using words like "have to", "ought to", "must", "gotta" and such.
    Unless you're very confident that's the truth! Prefer instead "should" or "needs to" for example! O:-)

• Others have! Many folks have downloaded version 3.0a5 some months ago.

Others may have used G4P with 3.0a5 but that is not the same as testing.

As a daily answerer in this forum I haven't witnessed even 1 single post saying 3.0a5 didn't work for anything!

There is a basic premise in software engineering that goes something like this, just because you can't find a bug does not mean there are no bugs. You should also consider what percentage of posters are using 3.0a5 when making a statement like this.

Actually, 3.0a5 was recommended some times as fix for some libraries still not working that well in version 2.2.1!

Who recommended it? Were they competent to make that recommendation? Can you show where it was recommended? What libraries were affected? If 3.0a5 better than 2.2.1 why was it not adopted as the final version for Processing V2?

In my point of view, after all that, 3.0a5 is actually more stable than 2.2.1

That's fine you are welcome to your point of view but it would need to be substantiated with some evidence to be accepted as the truth.

P.S.: Avoid using words...

Here you are just being pedantic and vaguely insulting

BTW I have never used the word 'gotta' in my life.

There is nothing in your last post that invalidates I said in my previous posts. :)

• @quark hi quark ,first of all forgive me if my question has already an
    answer on this forum .. I'm actually using Processing 3.0.1 & G4P 4.1 on Raspy /wheezy. If there are other versions that better works together please let me know about this thank you .

• There us no version 4.1 of G4P the latest version is 4.0.3 and I am not familiar with Raspy / wheezy so I can't advise you there.

• `pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo processing

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ ======== Tool run() =======

G4P GUI Builder 4.1 created by Peter Lager =================================` .. what about this screen explicitly mentioning the version number 4.1