Unable to install the JavaScript module

edited August 2015 in JavaScript Mode

Hello everyone, I recently installed Processing v2.2.1. I'm running it on a Windows 8.1, Alienware laptop with a default resolution of 3200 x 1800.

I have two issues I would like to get assistance with:

1) When I go to install JavaScript in the Mode Manager I get this error message: Could not delete C:\Users[myFolder]\Documents\Processing\modes\mode6040194572416500742tmp\JavaScriptMode\mode\JavaScriptMode.jar Could not delete C:\Users[myFolder]\Documents\Processing\modes\mode6040194572416500742tmp\JavaScriptMode\mode Could not delete C:\Users[myFolder]\Documents\Processing\modes\mode6040194572416500742tmp\JavaScriptMode Could not delete C:\Users[myFolder]\Documents\Processing\modes\mode6040194572416500742tmp

Can anyone help me install the JavaScript module ?

2) Some, but not all, texts are tiny! Almost unreadable. I've been following some google search leads but not found anything that helps. Tried to lower resolution but the tiny text stays just as tiny in the Processing program. What to do ?

Sincere thanks! Glitchman

Tagged:

Answers

• Now I just tried to install the Python module and it failed with similar error messages. I only have 1 module, and that is Java.

• Answer ✓

Try to delete those files by yourself. All modes go inside that subfolder "/modes/".

• edited August 2015

GoToLoop: Thanks for your suggestion! It didn't work to manually delete it, but it worked to simply close (exit) the program, then rerun and now the JavaScript mode is available and readily installed. :-?? It seems to work! :)>-

Do you by any chance have some insight to my 2. issue of resolution? 8->

• Nope. I don't have monitors w/ such high res! @_@

• Yea It's not ideal, too many programs look crap with this resolution :/