Mac Mini display issue : the whole screen can't be used

Hi ! I'm encountering a weird issue on a Mac Mini : it seems impossible for Processing to use the whole screen (here, the program is launched as present mode !).

there is a message about smoothing, so I guess there is a driver issue.

Does anybody know a workaround?

Thanks for any help !

jn

Answers

• I think that the "smooth" has nothing to do with the problem. The error is probably referring to this- https://processing.org/reference/smooth_.html

I don't have a clue as to why the program is not showing the whole canvas. For starters, in case it is a hardware issue, try running the program in present mode.

I am quite sure you have the dimensions of your monitor right, but just in case, try setting the size to displayWidth and displayHeight. Also, try removing P3D and see if that works.

• @alexthefinite : I unfortunately tried all of this ! The smooth() directive has nothing to do with size() issues but I think that both problems let appear a graphic card compatibility issue.

• What graphics card are you using? You can find this by researching the model of your mac mini. You shouldn't need any special drivers to run processing...

• Of course there is no special driver required, but though I eventualy found here an old topic (and it is an old Mac Mini) telling about a similar issue. So as weird as it seems, it is the Mini's fault.

• I think my sister has a mac mini, let me test it. Its a 2010 model.

• I did not have the same issue that you did :/

Screen Shot 2015-08-06 at 2.00.15 PM

Its possible that if your computer is very old, the hardware is not compatible with some features of processing. You could try installing an older version of processing from about five years ago, and see how that works.

There also may be an update for the hardware in the new versions of Mac OSX, so try installing Yosemite. Its free.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what I can do. keep me posted if you found out anything.

Good luck.

• I actualy can't tell you the model I use (I don't own it, the artist I'm working withh does), I just know it's an old intel. Here is an old topic about that forum.processing.org/two/discussion/4801/sketch-not-appearing-full-width and another forum.processing.org/one/topic/bizarre-mac-mini-display-problem-please-help-opening-is-saturday