GUI Builder 'wipes' old GUI and it's gui file

Recently I moved my Processing installation to a new Windows 7 PC and just now I was trying to update an old application which uses the G4P library and a user interface created with the GUI Builder. I have copied all the source files from the old (Win XP) to the new pc and the application runs ok when I click the Run button in Processing.

My problem is, when I choose Tools > GUI builder it opens with a blank window instead of my GUI and the previous code in my gui source tab is replaced by the much shorter new code for this blank window :-S

'Undo addition' gets my code back but as it stands I can't update my application's GUI.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions for how I can fix this as I don't want to have to re-create the whole GUI again.

Thanks,

Phil.

Answers

• Answer ✓

The most likely problem is that you are using a more recent version of GUI Builder than the one used to create the GUI.

Make sure you keep the original sketch and work with a copy of the sketch folder. Inside the folder you will find a .ser file. The file name should indicate the version used, if I remember correctly. You can download the earlier version from Sourceforge but you will have to instal it manually.

• Many thanks quark. That was the problem. Apparently I had used GUI Builder 2.3. There is a folder in the sketch folder called GUI_BUILDER_DATA and in that I found gui.ser.2.3. Now I can edit the old GUI again :)

Phil.