Create a file in Processing/Javascript mode

edited July 2015 in JavaScript Mode

Hi

I'm trying to create a file in a sketch in the javascript mode of processing but I don't found resources. I want to create a log when the sketch was published in my server...

The SaveString and Printwriter libraries don't work in the javascript mode, anyone know some suggestion??

Thaaaanks !!

Tagged:

Answers

• Sorry but this function doesn't work in the sketch when I publish it in the javascript mode... :(

• Can you be clearer on what you're trying to achieve: where do you want the log saved? I'd expect saveStrings to spit a file out at the client side since that's where the code is executed. It may also be subject to browser security restrictions: I'd expect at the least a prompt to confirm allowing it to write a file...

• Ok... I want save the log files in the server side. It is possible?

• Answer ✓

Pretty sure the question of writing to the server side has cropped up before. Simplest solution is probably to do it with ajax: do a POST or GET on the client side that hits a script hosted on the server (might be PHP, or some other language depending on what you have available) that then writes to the log file...

• Thankyou !!