getVolume in minim not supported

Hello everyone, this is the first time I write in the forum, so I apologise if I am posting in the wrong place or I am making any kind of mistake like asking a question that was already asked. Processing is the first programming language I ever learned and I am still quite akward with it, my question may seem naive.

I am trying to do something that should be quite easy: getting the volume from my microphone to change the brightness of colors. I am using/trying to use the in built library Minim(http://code.compartmental.net/minim/ ). At this point of my design I finally found the command in.getVolume(); and I tried to print it println(in.getVolume());. code.compartmental.net/minim/audioinput_method_getvolume.html

Unfortunately the command doesn't work since I get this message:

=== Volume is not supported.

=== Minim Error === === Volume is not supported.

I would like to know if there is another way to get the volume from the microphone or if you would suggest anything else to solve my problem. thank you!

Luisa

my code:

import ddf.minim.*;

Minim minim; AudioInput in;

void setup() { size(512, 200, P3D);

minim = new Minim(this);

// use the getLineIn method of the Minim object to get an AudioInput in = minim.getLineIn(); }

void draw() { background(0); stroke(255); in.getVolume(); println(in.getVolume());

}

Tagged:

Answers