Talking to Arduino serial port on Mac Mavericks

edited April 2015 in Arduino

Hello. I get this warning in a simple Processing sketch:

WARNING: RXTX Version mismatch Jar version = RXTX-2.2pre1 native lib Version = RXTX-2.2pre2

Can someone please tell me how to fix this. I cannot see the serial monitor in Processing and, therefore, cannot use it to read Arduino's output. There's an old thread on this topic, but the instructions do not match what I see in the Arduino and Processing (version 1.5.1) directory trees. Thanks.

Answers

• edited April 2015

Enclose your code/errors within <pre> and </pre> as mentioned here.

• Most probably you will have to update your serial package. But it is just a warning so your code should work fine irrespective of the warnings. There is no serial monitor in Processing. Please show your code to help "fix" it.

• Most probably you will have to update your serial package. But it is just a warning so your code should work fine irrespective of the warnings. There is no serial monitor in Processing. Please show your code to help "fix" it.

• Hi, thanks for following up on my post.

Here is my code in the setup section:

void setup(){
     size(200,200);
     println(Serial.list());
     String arduinoPort = Serial.list()[3];
     println(arduinoPort);
     port = new Serial(this, arduinoPort, 9600); //remember to replace COM20 with the appropriate serial port on your computer
     print("port available");
     print(port.available());
    }

Processing's console writes: colorview___Processing_2_2_1 I'm running the latest version of Processing on a Mac. Not sure what else to try. I've changed the numbers in

String arduinoPort = Serial.list()[3];

and "3" is the only number the code even attempt to run.

Thanks for the help, Bruce

• Hi, again.

I think i fixed it. I changed the setup code to communicate with the correct serial port:

void setup(){
     size(200,200);
     println(Serial.list());
     String arduinoPort = Serial.list()[2];
     print("Arduino Port is",arduinoPort);
     port = new Serial(this, arduinoPort, 9600); 
     print("port available");
     print(port.available());
    }

I also had to quit Arduino software and free up the serial port, even though the sketch is running on the Arduino board. So, I think I'm all set for now.

Thanks, Bruce