We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › 3ds loader for processing
Pages: 1 2 
3ds loader for processing (Read 6229 times)
Re: 3ds loader for processing
Reply #15 - Oct 25th, 2009, 2:39pm

Awesome!

Another question... I export to an applet and try to run via webbrowser, both Safari and Firefox. It says:

Applet.com.sun.opengl.util.JOGLAppletLauncher started

and then just sits there. Is there any tweaks for running as an applet?
Reply #16 - Nov 10th, 2009, 4:23am

Hey V, great library. Rendering is very fast!

I'm just having an issue where transparent materials in my 3DS file will render fully opaque in Processing.

Is that a known limitation, or is there something I can change in the file (or code) to get the alpha blending right?

Thanks a bunch.
Reply #17 - Jan 8th, 2010, 11:21am

I have been playing around with the MRI3DS library and what I am trying to figure out is...

Is it possible when you import a 3ds file that you import the whole scene so also the camera ? I need in processing the EXACT camera I used in 3D studio Max.. Because it is set very precise which is hard to reproduce inside processing..

Is there anybody that can help ? Please.....
Reply #18 - Jan 18th, 2010, 5:30pm

Daniel:
i've never tested the library as an applet, and honestly i never got anything running on an applet, so i can't help you there.

gfantini:
The library only supports RGB values for materials, i haven't imported material transparencies. that could be done by looking into the material chunk and export the transparency value per material. i will look into that

ikbenmacie:
yes its possible. the processing scene class does not support it but if you look into the V3dsScene class there is a _scene member which hold everything available, some not present on the V3dsScene for simplicity, or so i thought at the time.

you can get get a camera using the method camera() and also get the number of cameras available by calling cameras()
Reply #19 - Jan 21st, 2010, 4:35am

I have updated the library.

Opacity from 3ds is used as alpha channel for the diffuse color (material)
texture transparency will be modulated with material color.

there are the new methods in the V3dsScene.

* getCamera( int), getCameraByName( string ), getCameras()  // get a specific
* getLight( idx ), getLightByName( string ), getLights()

cameras and lights hold the following information:
world position, world target point, name, color (light only)

download from:

http://www.pixelnerve.com/processing/libraries/mri3ds/

Pages: 1 2