We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › xml, xmlPro, whatever
Pages: 1 2 
xml, xmlPro, whatever (Read 6889 times)
Re: xml, xmlPro, whatever
Reply #15 - Aug 26th, 2009, 11:57am

You only have to prefix XMLElement class name with the package name.
It doesn't work with class methods...
Reply #16 - Dec 9th, 2009, 12:07pm

Hi --

I have followed the directions given above to prefix XMLElement with "proxml." and I also definitely have the proxml library imported and in my sketchbook libraries folder (I can import it into the sketch using Sketch/Import Library).

However I am still getting  the message: Cannot find a class or type named "proxml.XMLElement".  The sketch is the proxml.pde example from the proxml Exmaples folder.

I have not had this issue with any other libraries I have been using.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Reply #17 - Mar 31st, 2010, 3:28pm

I know this is old, but this is the first search result for proXML and I felt this would help other people just starting with the libriary.

I've found that if that if it says "cannot find", "doesn't exist" or something similiar, its likely because haven't renamed the XMLElement input for the XMLEvent class.

So you're trying to call xmlEvent(new proxml.XMLElement("ellipses")); by inputting proxml.XMLElement, but the class void xmlEvent(XMLElement element){ is looking for an input of XMLElement. Change the XMLElement in both lines and it should work.
Pages: 1 2