We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 
RWMidi MIDI Library (Read 14883 times)
Re: RWMidi MIDI Library
Reply #15 - Oct 22nd, 2009, 2:22pm

I'm pretty new at Processing but setting up RWMidi was very easy on OSX/Leopard thanks the posts in this thread. I've got a script up and running that is listening for a button press (control change) from my Korg NanoKontrol. I got two questions:

1. How do I create an event that keeps on going when a button on the midi controller is pressed? Can someone give me like a println() example. Printing while the button is pressed. Right now I can only execute something on time when the button is pressed.

2. Is there a good method for making a list where the user could select the input device? I'm thinking of turning my script in to an app.
Reply #16 - Jan 24th, 2010, 8:35am

Hello everybody,
i'm using processing and the arduino to make a midi synthethiser.

Well for my first step i'm using ableton live wich sends data to Midi_yoke (i'm on windows xp).

now i want processing to convert that midi data to serial for the arduino,
and then i want the arduino
(equipped with 2 leds on a breadboard on pins 5 and 2 of arduino DIGITAL I/O in my case)
to blink led1 when i Send for example note C0 and blink led2 when i send note D0 from ableton.

anyone has done something like that or can post a few lines of commented code for Processing?
thanks!

what are the differences between RWMIDI library and the MIDIBUS?

thank you so much.
(the next step is controlling a buzzer in frequency instead of blinking led lights)
Reply #17 - Feb 19th, 2010, 3:48pm

Hey everybody,
I've been using RWmidi for a while and everything has been working fine except that I've never been able to access ProgramChange messages...

Here's my code:

Code:
void programChangeReceived(ProgramChange pc) {
 println("prog change received" + pc.getNumber());
}

Ad [http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1221028175.html#13] reported the same problem earlier. Would that be a problem with the library, or with my code
I'm sorry to say that this method isn't very well documented...
Pages: 1 2