We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › radiohead - house of cards
Pages: 1 2 
radiohead - house of cards (Read 3963 times)
Re: radiohead - house of cards
Reply #15 - Jul 22nd, 2008, 3:50am

looking back youre right the flash one is nothing special, its a low frame rate, was taken in by the glowiness Smiley
Reply #16 - Jul 22nd, 2008, 5:49pm

Having now tried to use the data, I'm both impressed, and annoyed.

Yes the data is great to have and fun to play with.. but annoyed since they purposefully added "noise" to the data (if you watch the Making Of video) whilst recording it, instead of within their code.. so there's no way to get a clean set of data, and the noise just ****s up any attempt to make a nice 3D surface out of the data. Which is really annoying.
Reply #17 - Jul 22nd, 2008, 6:01pm

Yea, my guess is the data was noisy as hell anyway, and they decided to adapt that as the style and added a making of video where they 'intentionally' screw up the signal Tongue
Reply #18 - Jul 22nd, 2008, 6:09pm

Oh yeah, there'll be issues with the data anyway, nothing's ever perfectly clean, but that they compounded it is just a bit annoying.
Reply #19 - Jul 22nd, 2008, 6:59pm

yeah the noise was added deliberately - the ear and neck bounce out horribly all the time, plus you dont get barely any of the footage they used, only the singing face, they had him putting his hands on his face etc. The bit im using is only around 400 frames as I saw no point in the rest
Reply #20 - Jul 28th, 2008, 5:46pm

I saw this on the Youtube blog. Way cool.
Reply #21 - Jul 28th, 2008, 6:48pm

You get the city landscape as well, inside the datafolder of the processing sketch
Pages: 1 2