We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › external editor
Pages: 1 2 
external editor (Read 3703 times)
Re: external editor
Reply #15 - Jan 4th, 2010, 5:09am

icecube wrote on Jan 3rd, 2010, 2:02pm:
[quote]

4- I get following error:
* a scripting error has occurred
* system events got an error: "***"

I found the complete error message while running under the english system:

"a scripting error has occurred:
access for assistive devices is disabled"

Maybe the solution is easier to find now.
Thanks in advance.

Re: external editor
Reply #16 - Apr 3rd, 2010, 11:13am

There's also possible to work with TextMate for example. There's even an theme.bundle you can install and then write your processing code in TextMate and execute form the external edditor.

Well, this just sounds great but after reading x threads about the topic and hours of trying, i can say that all this is not so simple.

primarily all that i wanted was to cange the font in the processing IDE because i don't like the system font of processing at all. but making changes in the preferences.txt didn't worked and, well.. TextMate works but it's kinda unusable.

well, i gave up on this. i just don't want to spend more time to solve an spimple problem that sounds so easy but noone has an adequate solution.
Undecided
Pages: 1 2