We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › Book Title (prize! reward!)
Pages: 1 2 
Book Title (prize! reward!) (Read 3765 times)
Re: Book Title (prize! reward!)
Reply #15 - Mar 29th, 2008, 5:02pm

"Creative Processes for Creating Processed Creations with Processing Creatively"

;D
Reply #16 - Mar 29th, 2008, 5:34pm

I'm with alexmiller on this one.

Quite frankly, I don't get why Processing and art are so easily put together. I've oftentimes had people look at a simple playful sketch of mine, something with high complexity and abstraction, and they'd go "Woah, great art!". It's not! Just because someone knows how to let squiggly lines fly all over the screen doesn't make him/her an artist.

Of course, there IS great art being created using Processing. But it's so much more than an algorithm which generates complexity. These are people who have given though to the process and can offer a context in which their art exists.

The power of Processing lies in it's ability to offer a visual reward to everyone new to programming. Instead of "I fed some data into the database" it's so much more satisfying to say "Wow, I created that funky visual" or "See how I turned that dataset into a readable visualization" or "Check out my Pong game".

After all is said, here's my suggestion: "Beginning Processing: A visual approach to programming"
Reply #17 - Mar 29th, 2008, 6:25pm

"Programing On The Right Side of the Brain: Learning to Write Code with Processing"

"The Beginners Bible To Building Beautiful Bytes: Learning To Program With Processing."

Reply #18 - Apr 6th, 2008, 2:33pm

hi every one

21st century digitology
a first level course in the art of processing

good look with the book
(oh in the unlikely event i land the prize it has to be the devolpers own book )
Reply #19 - Apr 7th, 2008, 9:10pm

1: Processing: The Programmer's Code as the Artist's Paintbrush

2:
<h1>SKETCH</h1>
<h2>Processing and the New Sketchbook</h2>

3: Integrated Media: Using Processing as a Springboard to Further Understanding of Computer Art Potential

Good luck with your book!

.tj
Reply #20 - Apr 12th, 2008, 4:12pm

Processing: Where code meets art

Processing: Make art with text

Processing: Make art with code
Reply #21 - May 19th, 2008, 8:34pm

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone's thoughts and suggestions. Really helpful!  They've all gone onto a brainstorming list and I'll let you know what happens (and if there's a "prize" to be awarded).

If all goes according to plan, the book will be out in August.
Pages: 1 2