We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 
OCD Updated (Read 5422 times)
Re: OCD Updated
Reply #15 - Apr 6th, 2008, 5:41pm

I've just updated OCD to version 1.4 which adds the missing constructors along with constructors that allow you to set the clip planes. Note: the clip plane constructors will only affect the OpenGL renderer.
Reply #16 - Apr 6th, 2008, 9:47pm

Thanks i'll make sure to grab the upgrade.

K. Damkjer is it possible to setup OCD so that the camera can flip upside down instead of stopping when you look all the way up or down?
Reply #17 - Apr 7th, 2008, 1:37am

This is a non-trivial task since results of the rotation equations used to drive the camera are undefined at the poles. (Essentially, you end up with an entire plane of solutions instead of a vector.) The correct solution would be to use quaternions to perform the rotations, but that introduces a level of complexity that I wasn't planning on supporting for this library. ...at least not in the near term. If someone wanted to tackle that task separately, I'd be happy to incorporate their work with OCD.
Reply #18 - Apr 7th, 2008, 3:08am

That's kinda what i figured since all the calculations are done using euler angles and you run into the whole gimbal lock problem.  Unfortunately i don't know enough about quaternions.... yet.
Reply #19 - May 16th, 2008, 8:45pm

I just figured out that there seems to be a discrepancy between the ocd cam and the opengl settings. I tried to use ocd togerther with marius watz TileSaver and the final saved image does not really match the thing i saw through the ocd camera. Is there an obvious reason I just dont see?
Reply #20 - May 16th, 2008, 9:09pm

it could be your y axis is inverted, if you post a screen shot that would help.
Reply #21 - May 16th, 2008, 9:34pm

no. its nothing inverted. its pretty weird. I will upload a quick test.
Reply #22 - May 16th, 2008, 9:47pm

so this is what I actually see on the screen:
http://stuff.mokafolio.de/p5/right.png

and this is what the tilesave stitches together:
http://stuff.mokafolio.de/p5/wrong.jpg

As you can see there is nothing flipped its rather as if the cam the tilesaver uses looks from a slightly different position.

When I dont use OCD everything works fine.

so here is my draw function. I tried to change almost everything but nothing solved the problem:

Code:

void draw(){
if(tiler==null) return; // Not initialized
camera1.feed();
tiler.pre();
background(1);
pgl.beginGL();

//draw stuff here

pgl.endGL();
tiler.post();
}

if I put the camera1.feed at the end or after the tiler.pre() I jus get the view of camera1 stitched together as a (nice) pattern.
Reply #23 - May 16th, 2008, 10:19pm

Well besides checking your camera setting on your feed command(which i'm sure you done) it could also be due to the fact that opengl uses a different set of matrices, have you tried placing the camera1.feed inside of your
pgl.beginGL();   pgl.end();  calls?
Reply #24 - Jul 21st, 2008, 1:05am

Hi, is there any way to import a flight path for a camera using this?
Reply #25 - Jul 22nd, 2008, 4:12pm

Hi I want to start with an ordinary OCD camera looking at my app the way it defaults in processing, I cant work out how to do it. It appears side on, adjusting Z does strange things im not expecting, ie 0 makes it side on, and 180 makes it sort of slanted..

Does anyone have any example code on how to use this lib?
Pages: 1 2