We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
controlP5 (Read 126750 times)
Re: controlP5
Reply #90 - Nov 2nd, 2008, 8:58pm

is controlp5 working within the latest build? I was enjoying it and it was all fine until I switched yesterday and now processing is asking me to put it in the libraries folder even though it's already there.

the new build fixed all sorts of problems...which is great except for this...
Reply #91 - Nov 3rd, 2008, 5:04am

hi,
works fine for me for version 154 on windows and mac (10.4). any additional information on what system and processing version you are using? is the library in /sketchbook/libraries?
Reply #92 - Nov 3rd, 2008, 5:35am

Im on 0154, windowsXP and the jar is in the libraries folder in mysketch folder...I am not having problems with other libraries I am using...

this is the code I have reinserted after taking it out - commenting it out did not stop the debugging from failing:

import controlP5.*;
ControlP5 controlP5;
ControlWindow controlWindow;

then when I build I get this msg
"The Package 'controlP5' does not exist. You might be missing a library"

?? thanks!
Reply #93 - Nov 3rd, 2008, 9:26am

just trying again and im wondering if I am not understanding the whole new folder thing. the error message makes me second guess things. it puts a quotation around 'sketchbook' just as it does 'libraries' both referring to folders. I don't have any folder named sketchbook - I assumed what is meant is the folder that the sketch is stored within though NOW it makes me think maybe there is supposed to be a foler literally named sketchbook...is that right?
Reply #94 - Nov 4th, 2008, 3:22am

hi,
sorry about the "sketchbook" folder confusion. the sketchbook folder refers to the folder in which processing stores your sketches (sketches inside this folder can be accessed in processing's menubar under File->sketchbook).
on mac this folder is at
~/Documents/Processing
on windows it is located at
~/My Documents/Processing
(e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Processing)

inside the Processing folder, a folder libraries should be used for storing contributed libraries. if you put controlP5 in there, you should be fine.
on mac the folder structure for controlP5 looks like this:
~/Documents/Processing/libraries/controlP5/library/controlP5.jar
best,
andreas
Reply #95 - Nov 4th, 2008, 1:22pm

Ok I'll definitely check that. I have a feeling I already tried that...

Thanks
Reply #96 - Nov 4th, 2008, 4:50pm

yep still have the problem. Let me explain how I have Processing set up because I suspect that there's something I'm still not getting - though I haven't had trouble with other libraries, AND this one was working before...

I have two hard drives, C and D. I have everything Processing related on D - the program itself as well as the sketches. My so-called sketchbook is actually called 'sketches' on my computer and it's located within the Processing program folder :

D:\Processing\sketches

I have moved my libraries folder which was here
D:\Processing\libraries
to
D:\Processing\sketches\libraries

and controlP5 ends up at

D:\Processing\sketches\libraries\controlP5\library

is that all ok? the only other thing that might be causing a potential problem is that it may exist elsewhere in different spots which is a consequence of me trying to find the 'sweet spot'...help?

thanks again for the support.
Reply #97 - Nov 4th, 2008, 5:14pm

resolved! i guess after juggling things around I just needed to restart Processing - oops!

thanks!
Reply #98 - Nov 12th, 2008, 12:23pm

Also I am having problems with controlP5 in the new processing version.

I am using Processing 0154 and controlP5 0.3.2.
The library lives in:

When i start my sketch with a  textfield I get the message:
"function setFocus(boolean) does not exists.

This sketch used to work with the old processing and controlP5 version.

I work on a MacBook Pro 10.4.11 with Xcode installed.
When I try to run some examples from the library the control elements are only visible when I do nothing in the draw like they are drawn only one time. For example with the ControlP5basics I get no errors and it works but only if I do nothing in draw..

I am confused and hope there is somebody who could shine a light on this as I hardly think I am the only one. Or.. am I overlooking something very stupid ?

Thanks in advance..
Reply #99 - Nov 12th, 2008, 12:26pm

O by the way I also tried moving around the library or using the old version and restarting Processing after every change but to no avail..
Reply #100 - Nov 12th, 2008, 2:00pm

which java version are you using?

try this in the terminal:
java -version

i'm on 10.5.x with Processing 0156 and controlP5 0.3.2 .. no problems at all here.

F
Reply #101 - Nov 12th, 2008, 3:26pm

My output shows:
java version "1.5.0_16"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_16-b06-275)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_16-132, mixed mode, sharing)

I also downloaded and tried with 0156 version of Processign with the same result.

Reply #102 - Nov 13th, 2008, 5:12am

i suspect there is an older version somewhere hidden in a sketch or a code folder.
what controlP5 version are you using? you can find that out when starting a sketch that uses controlP5, and a line like

ControlP5 0.3.2 infos, comments, questions ...

will appear in processing's console.

Code:

import controlP5.*;
ControlP5 controlP5;
void setup() {
controlP5 = new ControlP5(this);
}
void draw() {}

since function setFocus(boolean) was introduced (hm, i have to guess here, a changelog would be handy now)  with version 0.2.8 and it gives you an error message, meaning the method cannot be found, i suspect processing is not using version 0.3.2 but refers to an earlier version that is somewhere hidden in the sketchbook-folder. did you try a search for controlP5.jar? the only controlP5.jar should be located at

if there are more controlP5.jar files floating around on your disk / in the sketchbook-folder, that might be the reason for your strange encounters.
best,
andreas

Reply #103 - Nov 13th, 2008, 1:52pm

Oke, Thanks a million that did the trick..

Indeed I found some hidden jars lying around.
Have been using also wordnet and found a version of the controlP5.jar in the library folder of wordnet..

I know it was something stupid Smiley
Anyway everything is working fine which is good because I really like the library Smiley
But if I can take the opportunity to ask another question..

Is it somehow possible to change the size of the text used int the Textfield ? you can change the size of the Textfield but that does nothing to the font.

Just Wondering..
And thanks again for taking the time everybody to help me.
Next cafe (or cappuccino) is on me!
Reply #104 - Nov 14th, 2008, 6:18pm

Hi all!

I have a little trouble with controlP5 library, I have a sketch that was working fine on Processing 0135 and controlP5 version 0.1.1. I have switched to Processing 0156 and controlP5 0.3.2 and..

1. the sketch shows the sliders and numberboxes in a diferent color than before (blue instead of yellow).

2. the number boxes are not working as expected, when I click down and drag up the numbers goes down to negative values instead of positive.

3. I was using "frame.setUndecorated(true);" to erase the top title of the window to do live visuals on a second screen and now it says:

///////////////
java.awt.IllegalComponentStateException: The frame is displayable.

at java.awt.Frame.setUndecorated(Frame.java:838)

at demo1.init(demo1.java:46)

at processing.core.PApplet.main(PApplet.java:6483)
///////////////

somebody knows about that?

thanks in advance!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17