FAQ
Cover
This is the archive Discourse for the Processing (ALPHA) software.
Please visit the new Processing forum for current information.

Processing 1.0 _ALPHA_
   Discussion
   Community, Collaboration, Status
(Moderator: REAS)
   Hi everyone
« Previous topic | Next topic »

Pages: 1 
   Author  Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1315 times)
GordonA

WWW Email
Hi everyone
« on: Mar 5th, 2005, 12:03am »

I've just discovered processing. I've been doing all by graphics programming in VB6 up to now. I can see with only a few days working on processing that that has been a mistake. I have however managed to produce some work that I find quite satisfying www.archyart.org.uk (my program is called Archy - its a long story, ask me some long rainy night). I had been working in a bit of a vacuum until now - I didn't know what anyone was doing, but it seems some of you guys have been doing a lot of the same stuff as me, but got a bit further with the programs - I'm very part time at this - I have various other occupations/interests that are pretty full time - but you can't let important stuff like graphics programming go by for such a trivial reason. I'm waffling now - cheers everone. Gordon S

GordonA

WWW Email
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21st, 2005, 1:28am »

I not really replying unless i'm talking to myself. I have just added my first processing piece to my website - archyart.org.uk - choose the ArchyOnLine link and let me know what you think. I'm very please at what processing can do when I haven't even finished ready about the language.

st33d

WWW Email
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21st, 2005, 1:56am »

What no source?

You could make a redraw happen by popping in a mouse or keyboard listener.

http://processing.org/reference/mousePressed_.html

http://processing.org/reference/keyPressed_.html

They're very nice for trying out variations on the fly and you often find them lurking in senior code when you thought you'd seen everything the applet does.

I could murder a pint.
Pages: 1 

« Previous topic | Next topic »